Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19
Yes, customers and employees must wear masks in store. We wear masks to protect you, so please wear a mask to protect us.
What are your in-store safety procedures?
The following safety measures are in place for open stores:
• All employees and customers must wear a mask. Masks must cover your nose and mouth
• Jewelry is cleaned before and after handling by each customer
• Employee health screenings are conducted daily
• Employees wash their hands frequently
• We perform frequent cleanings and wipe down all surfaces
• Avoid entering the store if you have symptoms of COVID-19, namely fever or cough
• Hand sanitizer is available at entrance and throughout store
• Maintain a six-foot distance from others
• Sneeze or cough into a cloth or tissue, or if unavailable, your elbow
• Avoid shaking hands or engaging in unnecessary physical contact
Now Offering Free Returns by Mail: Purchases made online can be returned by mail up to 30 days after the purchase was shipped. Start a Return >
Online orders can also be returned to your local store up to 30 days after the purchase was shipped.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, you may experience shipping delays. We are actively monitoring our supply chain for issues that impact operations and are working closely with our suppliers to assess and minimize any potential effect.
Currently, every product has a shipping timeframe associated with it. Please reference that timeframe to ensure you will receive your product by your desired date. Shop In-Stock Product for items not experiencing shipping delays. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We are offering curbside concierge services in select Zales locations. Services include purchases, returns, exchanges, repair pickup, new purchase repair take-in, and credit card or layaway payments. Our Find A Store page lists stores offering curbside concierge services. Please book an appointment to speak with your local jewelry consultant to arrange for curbside concierge services if it’s available at your local store.
We are committed to the safety of our customers and team members. We are following the guidance of local, state and federal officials to reopen Zales locations. Please visit our Find A Store page to determine the status of your local store. We also offer virtual appointments with jewelry consultants in your area who can help you shop online.
The majority of our stores are now open. If your local store is open, please contact them to schedule an appointment for your warranty repair service. If your local store has not reopened, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Our intention is to reopen stores as soon as it is safe to do so.
If your local store is not yet open, you can book a virtual appointment with your local jewelry consultant for assistance with anything and everything Zales. Please click here to schedule a virtual appointment.
To assist you, we have implemented three ways for you to connect with us virtually:
- Speak Live with an Expert - Talk directly with an expert via your smart phone or computer audio with any jewelry questions or get guidance as you get started. We’re here for you.
- Chat with Customer Care – Type to chat with a Customer Care agent about the status of your order, any issues placing your online order, current promotions and more.
- Book a Virtual Appointment – Let a trusted Zales jewelry expert walk you through options over the phone at a time that's convenient for you. Contact us now
We appreciate that you are concerned with maintaining your lifetime warranty. While your jewelry is expected to be cleaned and inspected every six months, we will extend a six month grace period from the original inspection date to remain compliant with your warranty terms during these unprecedented times. We will continue to take good care of you and your jewelry needs when you are able to comfortably return for your inspection, as the safety of our team members and customers is our primary concern. We will happily inspect and honor your warranty at that time. In the event our closure is extended, we will post updated information. If you would like to confirm your next inspection date, please contact your local store or Customer Care at 1-800-311-5393.
We are urgently working with our suppliers on updates to be proactive on existing orders. We will continue to notify customers of any potential delays as soon as information is available. Please feel free to contact your local store or Customer Care at 1-800-527-8029 if you have any further questions.
While the best guidance for jewelry cleaning and inspections is every six-months as stated in our lifetime guarantee, your safety, as well as that of our team members is our primary concern. We will extend a six month grace period from the original inspection date to remain compliant with your warranty terms during these unprecedented times. Your warranty will not void and we will continue to take good care of you and your jewelry needs when you are able to comfortably return for your inspection. We will happily inspect and honor your warranty at that time. In the event of any changes, we will post updated information on our website. If you would like to confirm your next inspection date, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-311-5393.
We apologize that you are not able to pick up your jewelry that was being serviced and understand how concerning that can be. Our team is diligently working to return your repair. If your local store is still closed a team member will be contacting you with an update, or you can reach out to Customer Care at 1-800-311-5393.
Between 3/23/20 and 4/5/20, select sizable ring styles purchased on Zales.com will receive free ring sizing valid for up to 90 days after Zales stores re-open. Simply bring your ring and packing slip into your local Zales location to initiate the size adjustment.
May 13, 2020
Dear Zales Family,
We are excited to see you again!
I’m happy to tell you that we are beginning to re-open Zales stores as local and state guidelines allow – and only when we are confident it’s safe for both our customers and team members to do so. At Zales, we’re thrilled by the ways you have continued to show off your style – from stacked and studded virtual happy hours, glammed and golden grocery runs, to your WFH layers of luxe. Even with everything that’s been happening, you haven’t let anything stop you from showing up and shining- and you can expect the same level of strength and resilience from Zales.
We are constantly evolving to ensure you can have a safe and joyful experience wherever you choose to shop, even if it may look a little different than it has in the past:
- In Store: Zales stores are beginning to re-open. Visit our Find A Store page on Zales.com for the latest list of stores now open. We have implemented safety measures in all locations to ensure our team members are healthy and our jewelry, equipment and surfaces are cleaned and sanitized.
- Curbside: Select Zales stores are offering curbside concierge services by appointment only. You can see a list of stores offering curbside concierge services on our Find A Store page and then schedule a virtual appointment with a jewelry consultant to arrange this service.
- At Home: If your store is still closed – or you prefer to shop from home – you can always speak with a jewelry consultant over the phone, live chat or book a virtual appointment for assistance shopping online. Get started here. Shipping and returns are both free.
No matter where you are, we are here to help you express your style and be the diamond you are.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Please continue to share your photos and videos on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and tag @ZalesJewelers. We’d love to see all the ways you shine from home.
Thank you, Zales friends and family, and much love,