The 411 on Stacking Rings
Ready to bring some new life to your ring collection? Try stacking them for a fresh new look.
If you're like most of us, there are rings in your jewelry box that, for whatever reason, you just don't wear anymore. Before disposing of them or giving them to friends and family members, you might want to try out the latest jewelry trend - stacking ring styles!
With a little creativity and ring collaboration, you'll open yourself to a new realm of possibilities.
Before you start, keep in mind that there is no right or wrong way to stack rings – but a few helpful pointers never hurt!
Ring Stacking Do's and Don'ts:
- DO use what you've got! Vintage pieces, rings from your Grandmother's collection, engagement rings, baubles or costume jewelry. Nothing is off limits when it comes to stacking!
- DON'T stack a bunch of rings on every finger. You don't want to throw your look off balance.
- DO mix widths together. Skinny rings paired with chunky bands or gemstones will create visual harmony.
- DO vary the number of rings worn on each finger – just do what feels right. Even leaving one finger bare might work well with elaborate styles on other fingers.
- DON'T be afraid to experiment with a mixture of colors and metals by blending golds, textures, and colorful gems.
- DO play up your stacked style with a coordinating nail color. Your hands will be getting some extra attention anyway, so you might as well splurge on a manicure.
- DON'T forget - keep it fashionable, yet rational. Your stylishly stacked rings shouldn't get in the way of your daily routine.
In the end, just have fun with it. Stacking rings lets you spice up your jewelry repertoire without spending more money. And we can all support that!