Five Themes For Creating The Perfect Christmas Proposal
The Christmas holiday season is the perfect time to pop the big question! The season just has so many great things going for it – roaring fires, falling snow, decorating the tree, ice skating, and more. It's filled with excitement and magic! It doesn't matter how old you are, there's just something special about this time of year.
If you're ready to make the big move this holiday season, here are five themes to help you create the perfect proposal.
1. Sparkle in the Snow
- Build a snowman together. When you are done, place the ring box into the snowman's tree branch arm. Make sure to guide her to the snowman's outstretched arm as you boldly declare your love!
- Take a walk in the snow together. When you find a pretty patch of clean snow, grab a stick and write "Will you marry me?" in it. Get ready to make snow angels once she says yes!
- For the true romantic, create an outdoor winter picnic in the softly falling snow. Some well-placed candles, a bottle of wine or champagne and YOU with your engagement ring will make a picture-perfect snow-posal!
2. Bright Lights, Big City
There's something special about a big night in the big city. Thousands of twinkling lights, holiday music and people rushing about celebrating the season make the scene merry and bright.
Tell her to get dressed up for a night out on the town. As you are walking about, the moment will present itself. It might be while window shopping in front of a beautiful festively decorated window, or while a crew of carolers are singing holiday songs. You might find yourself under a colorfully decorated Christmas tree or you might even be ice-skating. Take out that ring and propose!
3. Trimming the Tree
- Have ornaments created that say "Will You Marry Me" and arrange them so she can read them in order.
- Place her ring in a keepsake ornament box that you give her to hang.
- String a garland of gingerbread people cookies that carry the message "Will You Marry Me" in their ginger hands.
- Hang her ring on the tree in a strategically placed spot.
4. The Coffee (or Tea or Cocoa) Connection
- Write "Marry Me" in the foam of her mocha with cocoa dust and a stencil.
- Give her a special cup that has "Marry Me" embossed in the bottom. When she finishes her drink, she will be an engaged woman!
- Get your barista's help! Have him or her write "Yes, this cup DOES make you look engaged" on her cup instead of her name. Get down on one knee as you hand her the beverage. Surprise!
5. Get Back to Nature
- As you walk along the tree farm, find your "perfect" tree together. Once you've found it, drop to one knee and propose. The perfect tree + the perfect girl = the perfect proposal!
- You might need a little help with this one, but take her for a romantic walk in the woods. Once you've reached a designated spot, have a friend turn on a series of light-up letters that spell out "Marry Me!" It's romantic, effective, and you're guaranteed an enthusiastic "Yes!" in response.
Whether a holiday proposal is what she's expecting, or it's going to be a complete surprise, you can count on Zales to have the perfect engagement ring. We've been known as The Diamond Store for nearly 100 years! At Zales, you'll find thousands of styles to choose from, including designer collections like Vera Wang Love and Neil Lane Bridal. Shop online at Zales.com or visit your local Zales retail store and speak with a knowledgeable jewelry consultant. Either way you shop, we'll help you find the engagement ring of her dreams!