What is a Three Stone Ring?
Three Stone rings are engagement or anniversary rings that showcase three stones in a row. Usually the center stone is larger and is flanked by smaller stones on either side. They are a popular alternative to the classic diamond solitaire ring, but also make a meaningful anniversary ring.
What's the Meaning of a Three Stone Ring?
Three stone rings typically have some sort of meaning behind them. They usually represent a trinity or trilogy of three things. Two popular examples of this are:
- The past, present and future of a relationship.
- The trinity of friendship, love and fidelity.
Although it can be special to attach this type of meaning to a ring, it does not have to mean those sets of things. It could mean anything the ring giver attaches to it. Every couple is different, and holds different things close to their hearts. What's most important is what the rings symbolizes to you.
Three Stone Rings vs. Solitaire Engagement Rings
Solitaire rings are classic and timeless and will never go out of style. They are also usually associated with engagement rings. While three stone rings are popular for engagement rings, they are not used for that exclusively. Many times a three stone ring is given for a special anniversary.
When it comes down to trying to determine if a solitaire ring or three stone ring is right for you, here are some things to think about:
- Is there a trinity/trilogy of things that is important to for you to symbolize with this type of ring?
- Three stone rings can offer more variety and color as they have multiple stones
- Three stone rings may be less expensive
- A solitaire ring is easier to dress up with an enhancer or ring guard
- Solitaire rings may be easier to coordinate with wedding bands