Design Your Own Engagement Ring
You don't have to be a professional jewelry designer to build your own engagement ring. Choosing your own metal, gemstones and setting allows you to create a ring as unique as your relationship. Zales offers full-service guidance with the new Vera Wang Love Custom engagement ring design studio to help build your ring from start to finish. But first, we will go over the basics of creating your own engagement ring.
You Can Create Your Own Engagement Ring
Choosing the perfect engagement ring presents a monumental task. From picking the style of the diamond to deciding on the type of band, it's not always easy to choose the best ring for you. Designing your own engagement ring is the perfect solution. You get a personalized and custom ring all in one!
Don't know the first thing about designing jewelry? With your jeweler's help, it isn't difficult. And in the end, you'll have exactly the ring you've dreamed about. Select the center diamond and any additional stones, as well as how it is set and what metal the band will be. You can customize further by engraving the date, your initials or other personal messages.
Build Your Own Engagement Ring Basics
- Gemstones – With diamonds, you'll want to consider the right shape, plus the right mix of the diamond 4Cs to suit your style and budget. The diamond 4Cs refers to the cut, clarity, color and carat weight of the diamond. You might prefer a colored diamond or a gemstone. Pick one that represents your birthstone, the month of your first date or simply a color you both love. Side stones add color and personality.
- Setting – Think about your personal fashion style and lifestyle. Do you love the look of vintage jewelry? Do classic styles speak to you? Are you a true romantic when it comes to rings? Bring that iconic touch to modern style. Research online and bring your thoughts to the jewelry store, where you can try on various styles and see which one works. Consider a combination of modern and vintage. The beauty in creating your own ring is that you can mix and match styles that work best for you.
- Metals – A ring's color is one of its most striking aspects. Yellow gold is a perennial favorite, but white gold or platinum is also very popular and may suit your style better. Don't forget: look at rose gold and even two-tone or tri-toned options, combining two or three colors of gold together.
Create Your Own Engagement Ring with Personal Touches
- Engraving – The date of your wedding is a popular choice, but initials or a meaningful phrase can be lovely, too. Alternatively, consider a combination of dates of when you first met or when you got engaged. You can add decorative engraving to the outside of some styles. Ask your jeweler if this would work for the style of ring you are building.
- Customize after the wedding – Consider engraving at your first anniversary instead of right away. You could also choose a design that allows you to add gemstones around the band at your five or 10-year anniversary.
Bottom line: Enjoy your design collaboration! Between the two of you and your jeweler, you'll end up with a result that's truly your own.
Zales Create Your Own Ring Services
Zales has been known as The Diamond Store for nearly 100 years – and for good reason. Should you choose to create a custom-designed ring, we're here to help both online and in stores. Zales custom rings and Zales personalized rings are a great option for that someone special.
The Zales Create Your Own program online allows you to choose your ring beginning with the diamond This option is perfect for those familiar with the 4Cs and are comfortable selecting their own diamond from our assortment of over 18,000 loose diamonds. From there, you can move on to the settings with all the options you desire.
Our Create Your Own program online allows you to choose your ring style and metal. You can then purchase a diamond from our selection of loose stones or purchase the setting alone.
The Zales Design Suite is the perfect option for those who may be less comfortable with choosing a diamond. By entering a few simple parameters, like shape, carat size and quality, our Master Jewelers will select the perfect diamond for you. They will then set the diamond in the setting you choose with the options you prefer.
The new Vera Wang Love Custom engagement ring designer helps you build a personalized engagement ring from start to finish. You start by choosing the diamond shape, size and quality. Then, you choose a center setting and mounting style. From there, you can decide if you would like 14K or platinum for the metal type. With the Vera Wang Love Custom ring designer, there are dozens of options for personalization.
Sometimes seeing your options in person is the best way to find the perfect ring. Visit your local Zales retail store and work with a jewelry consultant to create a custom design. Using our software program, you will be able to see the ring come to life before your eyes. You can leave with a printed rendering of your ring design.
We have everything you need to know about finding the perfect engagement ring in our Engagement Ring Buying Guide. Whichever way you choose, a custom engagement ring design is just a few steps away!