The Game Plan: Engagement Ring Shopping
Like anything in life, it helps to have a plan. Finding her the perfect engagement ring is no exception. If you need a plan to get started, look no further.
Step one: Know the landscape
If you're reading this, you're already on the right track. Not only have you've realized you need to get a better idea of how to go about this, but also, what engagement ring options look like.
Whether you stop into a jewelry store or browse this website, you'll need to get an understanding of the variety of options to choose from and get a feel for pricing. Don't even worry about what she wants yet (we'll get to that), simply familiarize yourself with styles and features.
Step two: Gather your intel
- Check out her Pinterest boards and social media likes.
- Talk to one of her friends or family members for advice. Make sure this person can stay tight-lipped!
- If you think you can describe her style, work with a jeweler to help guide you in the right direction. Working with a jeweler is always a good idea in general.
- It may not be for everyone, but some choose to ask their future bride directly about what she wants. If she's involved from the beginning, there's less of a chance of getting it wrong.
Additionally, you'll want to find out her ring size. If you're unsure of her size, this may help get you started.
Step three: Shop smart
Time to get out there. You can choose to shop online, in store, or a combination of both. Doing a little browsing online before heading to the store never hurts. Likewise, if you prefer to touch and feel ring options before taking some time to make your choice, you can always place an order online when you're ready.
- An engagement ring is a single ring that symbolizes your engagement
- A bridal set includes an engagement ring and a wedding band for her that is custom styled and fit to complement the engagement ring
- A trio is an engagement ring, wedding band for her, and a wedding band for you that all share design themes
Learn about these options and more by visiting our Engagement Ring Buying Guide.
Keep in mind, it may take more than one round of ring shopping to find the right one. Then again, you may get it done in one try! Either way, be prepared to take your time and put some thought into the decision. Remember, a jeweler can always help you with any questions you might have.
Zales: Your Engagement and Wedding Ring Headquarters
Zales has been known as The Diamond Store for nearly 100 years. And if there's anything we know (and love!) it's engagement and bridal designs.
We encourage you to browse online at Zales.com to find unique and elegant engagement and wedding rings. Or, if you prefer, stop by your local Zales retail store and talk with a knowledgeable jewelry consultant. Either way you shop, you're sure to find the ring of her dreams!