Lab-Created Ceylon and White Sapphire Frame Ring in Sterling Silver - Size 7
I am a Princess Diana and Kate Middleton fanatic, and have scrutinized pictures of "the ring" endlessly. I have purchased an embarrassing number of replica rings (5) and can confirm that this Zales ring is the closest replica you will find. For royal-obsessed shoppers out there, here are the accuracies that the Zales ring and "the ring" share:
- "the ring" has 14 surrounding white diamonds, and 14 prongs on the blue sapphire
- "the ring" has slanted surrounding diamonds, which pick up light better and are not shadowed by the elevated blue sapphire
- "the ring" has small circles on each side of the band in the spandrel-like area
- "the ring" has prongs that jut out and claw back onto the sapphire to securely hold it; the Zales ring has less pronounced prongs, but they are the most accurate I have seen
- "the ring" has a cage-like foundation with straight prongs, also found in the Zales ring
- "the ring" has a dome-like look at times, which is created by the slanted diamonds and the blue sapphire prongs that seem to lead the eye inward; the Zales ring achieves this
- "the ring" has surrounding diamonds that are closely fastened next to each other, making it hard to see the distinction between each stone at times
- a note: the Zales ring's center blue stone is gorgeous. It reflects the light and absorbs it into its depths, and remains a rich blue rather than turning purple.
The only inaccuracy or discrepancy I can find is that a) the diamonds are not real (but we couldn't afford that, could we!), and b) the band metal is silver, not white gold as featured in "the ring".
Ultimately, you will not find a more accurate Princess Diana/Kate Middleton ring replica. Every angle I have looked at this ring, it has proven itself as perfect a replica as can be found. Save your money and snap this one up.
July 15, 2014
Prettier than the Pictures
I was a little hesitant to order this ring because I was concerned the white sapphires wouldn't sparkle. I tried it anyway and am so glad I did! the white sapphires sparkle a lot - and I love the fact the gemstone is genuine (I had a cz version of a similar ring and the stone got scratched). Very pretty, setting is really beautiful and easy to wear. I absolutely LOVE this ring!
December 9, 2012
best Diana/Kate ring I have found
If you are looking for an affordable, yet beautiful Princess Diana/Kate ring this is it. The sapphire is a beautiful blue, not too dark, not to light. The scale of the ring is the best match I have found, and I have looked all over.
December 28, 2012
My husband gave me this ring for my birthday..I have always loved Princess Di's and now you see this style back because of Kate. Just picked it up today it had to be sized and I LOVE IT!!!! Beautifully done love the size of the stones and plenty of prongs to keep it secure.
February 18, 2012