Lab-Created Ceylon and White Sapphire Frame Ring in Sterling Silver - Size 7
Fit for a Princess!
This ring is GORGEOUS. It puts all of the other sapphire rings to shame. The center stone is large in size, and the surrounding stones are also large and sparkly. The color is a deep and rich blue, but not so dark that it would appear black. The band is thin and delicate and balances the large stone out. I get compliments on it all the time! Everyone always wants to know where I got my "Princess Di" ring. So happy with my purchase!
March 11, 2015
This ring is so GORGEOUS. I received this ring as a Christmas gift. Like the reviewers before me, I am also a huge fan of Princess Diana and Kate Middleton and this has to be the most accurate representation of "The Ring" I've seen.
I've always loved natural stones, but I have recently found a love for lab-created stones since they're identical in chemical composition and hardness. They're conflict-free and essentially perfect (flawless.) And of course, affordable.
The center stone in this ring is large. It's a deep dark blue that sparkles royal blue. It's not purplish at all. The white sapphires that make up the halo are bright and have a beautiful sparkle. I love how all of the prongs give it a starburst or cluster shape.
The ring is great for making a statement. I probably won't wear it every day but I will definitely be wearing it out!
December 28, 2014
Love, love, love this ring!
I am SO EXCITED about this ring. My husband and I picked it out in the store - I saw it and fell in love with it immediately! He bought it for me as an early Christmas present. :) I'm absolutely thrilled. I adore Kate Middleton/Princess Diana's engagement ring, and I agree with others that this replica is an absolutely perfect inspired design! The center sapphire is dark yet reflects beautiful, large flecks of navy to royal blue, and the white sapphires just sparkle beautifully. The prongs reassure me that all stones will remain securely in place. This is my first full day wearing it and I can't stop looking at my hand! My only wish is that it came in different sizes, as the 7 is quite large for me, but I do have the option of getting it sized. In the meantime, I'm wearing the ring with a simple, very inexpensive, clear "snuggie" from a local chain of costume jewelry, and it fits very well. I LOVE this ring and highly recommend it!!!
December 19, 2014
I am a Princess Diana and Kate Middleton fanatic, and have scrutinized pictures of "the ring" endlessly. I have purchased an embarrassing number of replica rings (5) and can confirm that this Zales ring is the closest replica you will find. For royal-obsessed shoppers out there, here are the accuracies that the Zales ring and "the ring" share:
- "the ring" has 14 surrounding white diamonds, and 14 prongs on the blue sapphire
- "the ring" has slanted surrounding diamonds, which pick up light better and are not shadowed by the elevated blue sapphire
- "the ring" has small circles on each side of the band in the spandrel-like area
- "the ring" has prongs that jut out and claw back onto the sapphire to securely hold it; the Zales ring has less pronounced prongs, but they are the most accurate I have seen
- "the ring" has a cage-like foundation with straight prongs, also found in the Zales ring
- "the ring" has a dome-like look at times, which is created by the slanted diamonds and the blue sapphire prongs that seem to lead the eye inward; the Zales ring achieves this
- "the ring" has surrounding diamonds that are closely fastened next to each other, making it hard to see the distinction between each stone at times
- a note: the Zales ring's center blue stone is gorgeous. It reflects the light and absorbs it into its depths, and remains a rich blue rather than turning purple.
The only inaccuracy or discrepancy I can find is that a) the diamonds are not real (but we couldn't afford that, could we!), and b) the band metal is silver, not white gold as featured in "the ring".
Ultimately, you will not find a more accurate Princess Diana/Kate Middleton ring replica. Every angle I have looked at this ring, it has proven itself as perfect a replica as can be found. Save your money and snap this one up.
July 15, 2014